A Free Standing Pose (useful for side battle char "2003")

Well, I just watched Cave story and I wanted to maked a animated sprite.
I think it’s perfect for a lateral battle system like rpg maker 2003.
I don’t know what do you think?
It’s my first try into making an animated sprite.

I would like to receive any kind of feedback.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1AWX-3RIh0_YmE2NzYyYTItZGQ1YS00ZGVmLWEzZjMtN2QyZDZmYjNmNGM0&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Well, as a spriter you are a great scripter (?)

Talking seriusly, there’s a tool in development for creating that kind of resources. I cant remember the name i’m sure fdelapena will tell you.

Maybe CharacterMakerPRO? GraphicsGale? Paint ;D?
Anyway, your animation is ok ;). The style, at least linear/forms and stuff, is good too, as I personally like it (and it beats down the RTP style’s ass 30.000 times in a round! well, that chunky chubby RTP style is ugly). The shading part needs work, but maybe it would be an alternative to the OpenRTP’s battlechara style :wink: (well, that’s in my opinion of course xP).

See ya!
Orochii Zouveleki

[quote=“orochii”]Maybe CharacterMakerPRO? GraphicsGale? Paint ;D?
Anyway, your animation is ok ;). The style, at least linear/forms and stuff, is good too, as I personally like it (and it beats down the RTP style’s ass 30.000 times in a round! well, that chunky chubby RTP style is ugly). The shading part needs work, but maybe it would be an alternative to the OpenRTP’s battlechara style :wink: (well, that’s in my opinion of course xP).
See ya!
Orochii Zouveleki[/quote]

I did it with gimp, and have to say that animation of sprites it’s much harder than what I first tough.