Bug report : moving "Scroll with map" picture

Hi everyone,

While using RPG Maker 2000, I encountered a different behavior between RPG_RT and EasyRPG Player v0.8, so I wanted to let you know in case you weren’t aware.

When you create a picture and tick the “Scroll with map” option, if you then try to move this picture, RPG_RT will move it, but EasyRPG won’t.

I created a small video to illustrate the issue: https://youtu.be/Kd7Gb6Nv9ck

Hope it helps

Hi.

I just tried to recreate your setup but wasn’t able to reproduce your issue, lacking some info. Which engine is your game made with (RPG Maker 2000 or 2003, and potentially which patch(es) since I’ve seen that you were using them)? And which engine is detected for your game in the Player? (You should be able to see that in the easyrpg_log.txt file that the Player should have created in the folder of your game).

You’re right! Beginning a new project from scratch using Steam’s RPG Maker 2000 fixed the issue. So, I did some testing and was able to find what was causing the trouble.

→ Replacing the brand new Steam’s RPG_RT.exe with vanilla BetterAEP causes the issue I described in EasyRPG.

Information from easyrpg_log.txt:
[Using Steam’s RPG_RT]

Debug: EXEReader: VERSIONINFO resource found (DE 0xae2d8; 0xba004; len 0x304)
Debug: RPG_RT information: version=1.6.1.0 logos=1 i386=true easyrpg=false
Debug: Engine configured as: 2k=true 2k3=false MajorUpdated=true Eng=true

[Using BetterAEP]

Debug: EXEReader: VERSIONINFO not found
Debug: RPG_RT information: version= logos=3 i386=true easyrpg=false
Debug: Engine configured as: 2k=true 2k3=false MajorUpdated=false Eng=false

It may not be relevant information now, but I’m using RPG Maker 2k Value! with RPG Maker 2009 Ultimate from Cherry.
My project is based on BetterAEP, on which I applied these patches:

• Pic Pointer Patch v2.5
  • Event pointer patch
  • Hyper Patch 2 Démo (to unlock max pictures on screen)
  • UnlockPics-Patch

What you are encountering here is

This must be some incorrect engine detection or that bug was fixed in the rpg_rt you are using.

You are currently using 0.8. can you get a continuous build from the bottom of the download page and provide the lines from easyrpg_log again? We added more info to the output which will help us figuring this out. Thanks.

Sure. I tested again using the scene from the nearly empty project, result is the very same, issue is still here

Here are the logs :
[Using Steam’s RPG_RT]

Debug: EXEReader: EXFONT resource found (DE 0xae048; 0xb1484; len 0x2168)
Debug: ExFont loaded from RPG_RT
Debug: EXEReader: VERSIONINFO resource found (DE 0xae2d8; 0xba004; len 0x304)
Debug: RPG_RT information: version=1.6.1.0 logos=1 code=0x9cc00 cherry=0x0 geep=0x0 i386=true easyrpg=false
Debug: Engine configured as: 2k=true 2k3=false MajorUpdated=true Eng=true

[Using BetterAEP]

EXEReader: EXFONT resource found (DE 0xa7770; 0xab6c8; len 0x2168)
ExFont loaded from RPG_RT
EXEReader: VERSIONINFO not found
RPG_RT information: version= logos=3 code=0x96a00 cherry=0x0 geep=0x0 i386=true easyrpg=false
Engine configured as: 2k=true 2k3=false MajorUpdated=false Eng=false

Also, this link will provide you with the project I created earlier, including :

Hope it helps !

My guess is that the version BetterAEP uses (2000 1.07) has the move picture bug fixed. We must improve our engine logic so that the bug is not simulated when this 2k version is used. (currently the bug is enabled for every engine older than Value!)

THanks for the bugreport.