Buglist

I suggest this topic to be a pinnboard for bugs, encountered with the EasyRPG Player.
Some bugs probably got their own topic elsewhere, are on the Github already, or are fixed or known already, but in comparison this could be a mere list without solutions or deep discussions. At least I will put everything here only.

These are the information I suggest to give:

• Bug Title
  • EasyRPG Version
  • Game Base (Rm2k, Rm2k3, etc)
  • Plattform (Linux, Windows, LinuxBrowser, WindowsBrowser, Android, etc.)
  • Bug Description
  • Reproducable (can be caused again by a certain activity)

For example:

Bug Title: A continious pressed button isn’t recognised
Version: EasyRPGPlayerActivity-0.2.2.apk
Plattform: Android
Game Base: Rm2k
Bug Description:
The game uses a “jump” machanism. Within a loop there is a check for pressed buttons. As long as space or return is pressed the hero does a move-up move.
Unlike the player on Windows or WindowsBrowser the pressed key is only registered for a moment. Maybe there is a problem with the rpgmaker command that checks for a pressed button and doesnt wait for it.
Reproducable: Yes, by an action like discribed above.

Bug Title: Rapid picture loading leads to a crash
Version: EasyRPGPlayerActivity-0.2.2.apk
Plattform: Android
Bug Description:
The game starts with changing the background with 50-60 images right after another. This is done to have all pictures cached before using them in animations lateron (improves the performance of “show picture” on the first animation run). On Android however it crashes the game.
Reproducable: Yes, by changing the background with many pictures without a delay inbetween.

Bug Title: Download broken?
Version: EasyRPG Player for the Web
Plattform: EasyRPG Wiki
Game Base: -
Bug Description:
The downloadlink from easy-rpg.org/wiki/user/player/install
Reproducable: Yes

Bug title: hero names cant be accessed
Version: EasyRPG Player 0.3 (I think)
Plattform: WindowsBrowser
Game Base: Rm2k3
Bug Description:
The actor names are used in a display message. However accessing them by \a[1] apparently crashes the game.
In this case the message contains the first five actornames in a row: \a[1]\a[2]\a[3]\a[4]\a[5] ([edit] sorry, of course it is N and not A)

Bug Title: Move route of parallel events break
Bug Description:
There are a few parallel events on a map that move two tiles to the right, wait, go back, wait and repeat it.
The event however seems to differ from this pattern, either while entering the map of breaking the pattern at some point and starting over.
The events’ movements still seem to follow the pattern, but the event is leaving the expected route at first.

Bug Title: Retrieving Terrain IDs (unconfirmed)
Bug Description:
There is a loop in the game that continiously checks the tile in front of the hero for a certain terrain ID by saving and checking it. The result is a move command or nothing, comparable to a blocking tile.
The event however doesnt seem to read the terrain ID correctly. I cant prove that the problem is with the “get terrain ID” command yet though.

The command for displaying actor names is \n[], not \a[]. But crashing is of course not acceptable oO