Compiling the Player (VS 10)

So uhm, hi.

I got some problems with compiling the player on Windows 7 with VisualStudio 2010.
The thing is: I was able to compile it in the past. Everything had been fine. I think it started not to work when you stopped using SDL(?).
Are some new things not mentioned on the wiki? The lib installer is from february when it still worked.

Thanks in it advance. It was impressive work what I could see in the past.

I would also appreciate an current build as alternative. In that case a build for OpenPandora would be useful for me too.

Hi,
can you tell me the compile errors you get?

If the errors are related to XML-Stuff you can try disabling option
#define READER_SUPPORT_XML 1
in reader_options.h

Disabling = deleting (or commenting) the line. Not sure if setting it to 0 will really disable it :D.

Hi, I want to make a build for OpenPandora (I have one), I hope to have spare time before Christmas.

[quote=“Ghabry”]Hi,
can you tell me the compile errors you get?

If the errors are related to XML-Stuff you can try disabling option
#define READER_SUPPORT_XML 1
in reader_options.h

Disabling = deleting (or commenting) the line. Not sure if setting it to 0 will really disable it :D.[/quote]

Okay, even deleting the line did nothing that helped. Had to delete some lines in different files(don’t remember which) and disabled expat.lib to link. Got into “missing ‘jconfig.h’” after that. Commented some lines out, didn’t need JPG support anyway.
And then “missing ‘pixman.lib’”. After choosing the SDL config I could compile a working binary.

But that thing is buggy, crashes on your testgame and only runs my simplest game without crashing(Save or Loadscreen crashes too, was looking forward to that). And my code is quite a mess now.

But still thanks for pointing the XML-Stuff-thing out.

I’d welcome it to have Pixman and Expat in the precompiled lib package included, as I usually don’t even use VS for my C++ coding.

Thanks. I’m looking forward to be able to at least play the simpler games on mine then. :slight_smile: