Enemy style proposal (?)

Well, seeing as nothing has moved since long time already (some months D:U), and also because I’m in the urge to know that I’m doing (or trying at least .-.) something to help in this project, a project that I plan to use when it’s done =DDD (capabilities! IT’S AN SDL RPG MAKER!!! YEAH!!! OPENSOURCE! DUCK YEAHx15!!!).
Anyway, sorry for the last paragraph… So, here are some examples… I can do these easily, so it’s good if someone says “heh, make better and it will be much better ;D”. Okay, I’m saying “throw comments please ;D”.
Here are they, two little packs compressed sepparately on .rar. The first one are monsters that I made for Ragnarokr, my main project. The second ones are for another project. Anyway, I always leave my graphics below GNU/GPL for free use and modification.
download Monster_1.rar
download Monster_2.rar

And here are also some other graphical works, along with the monsters… If you want, you can D/L it instead of the first pack.
download OrochiiRTP.rar

Any comment would be appreciated, thanks,
Orochii Zouveleki

PD.: They can be freely used or edited. As I stated before, they are to be used under GNU/GPL.

woow!! how do you come with those?? you really have imagination, Some monster graphics can be used right away, as the battle animations, and every stuff that corresponds to RTP…

ummm… Monster_1.rar I loved them, Monster_2.rar love them too… but I noticed that you use the least colors possible compared to other people that uses more… you know, like FF6 or Chrono Trigger (16 [15+bg] colors for every monster graphic), or RPG Maker which uses the entire 256 colors… however I don’t think that is a problem, but I don’t know what others think.

The thing is that people contribute material but not every material corresponds to Rtp, atleast I think it has to have the same dimension, proportions (maybe), color scheme and the same style depending on which version of rpg maker is used to import it.

Also, having less colors can be used to somehow make them animated, like Chrono Trigger, but need more colors because right now some feel like grayscale.

I wish there were more people involved in helping you or someone interested in making a particular style to begin doing sprites “in style” and maybe I’ll contribute too. At least the first thing to make it would be to, sort the resources filtering the ones that doesn’t correspond to the rtp and them standirizing them.

At least standirizing them would be like this:

• Monster has to be from RTP 2000/2003
  • In perspective (if 2000 frontal, if 2003 side)
  • 16 Colors or more (8 bits, max 24 bits).
  • No alpha effects, only outline border to not lose detail.
  • Same size from the original.*
  • Same colors.*

*Or color/size that look similar

hey,

thats a nice effort

@superfigjam: Thanks. One makes what one can do.

[quote=“chaleeman”]I wish there were more people involved in helping you or someone interested in making a particular style to begin doing sprites “in style” and maybe I’ll contribute too. At least the first thing to make it would be to, sort the resources filtering the ones that doesn’t correspond to the rtp and them standirizing them.

At least standirizing them would be like this:

• Monster has to be from RTP 2000/2003
  • In perspective (if 2000 frontal, if 2003 side)
  • 16 Colors or more (8 bits, max 24 bits).
  • No alpha effects, only outline border to not lose detail.
  • Same size from the original.*
  • Same colors.*

*Or color/size that look similar[/quote]Well, we could try then to get to something.
Making the “original” monsters is a must, for instance. So those monsters are just some kind of proposal for the style itself.
The perspectives, well, we need both kinds anyway, so it will be two slimes, and so on for the ones that appear on both ahahah! (there are not four beasts -redphoenix, snowtiger, blackturtle, bluedragon- on rm2k, and there’s no satan on rm2k3). <–Although it would be COOL if we made ALL monsters in both perspectives =D! And including NPCs! (that would be just if someone is bored and wants to do some other monster, just for fun x’D -doing a sideSatan… hell yeah! =F).

Ok, I got… excited with that point… Let’s continue.
Colors and that stuff depends a lot on the spriter/“graphist” own style. I think that we could make some… kind of deal on that part, since some people would have some problems adapting some particular styles, while some others can just live happily with anything. We could just make as Enterbrain, getting some basic pallete, and then working around it…
Alpha effects… well, alpha effects are ugly anyway XP.

Colour and size. Well, that would count then the thing of working around the original concepts. For me, it’s ok. More when we think about the “red dragon now being yellow” stuff (colour references inside the games).

Anyway, I’ll try to get something done of what I’m talking about, just to make sure that I get to really do something, hope to see more of you all people!
Orochii Zouveleki