Façade / Outline.png by Jikmok

Version with dark water (revision 2):

CC-BY (my own work is CC0, but contains gfx by CC-BY so the combined work must be CC-BY), based on the following graphics:
surt’s Town Tiles (CC0): opengameart.org/content/town-tiles
surt’s Forest Tiles (CC0): opengameart.org/content/forest-tiles
MrBeast’s Worldmap/Overworld Tileset (CC-BY): opengameart.org)]
16x16 Tiles by Ogrebane (CC0): opengameart.org/content/16x16-tiles
16x16 indoor rpg tileset: the baseline by Stephen Challener aka Redshrike (CC-BY): opengameart.org)]
MrBeast’s cave tileset (CC-BY): opengameart.org)]

Version with bright water (revision 2b):

CC-BY (my own work is CC0, but contains gfx by CC-BY so the combined work must be CC-BY), based on the following graphics:
surt’s Town Tiles (CC0): opengameart.org/content/town-tiles
surt’s Forest Tiles (CC0): opengameart.org/content/forest-tiles
MrBeast’s Worldmap/Overworld Tileset (CC-BY): opengameart.org)]
16x16 Tiles by Ogrebane (CC0): opengameart.org/content/16x16-tiles
16x16 indoor rpg tileset: the baseline by Stephen Challener aka Redshrike (CC-BY): opengameart.org)]
Basis by MarianoGNU (WTFPL): Basis.png by MarianoGNU

Please report all the problems with this tileset, I’ll improve it in the future.

Update: I’ll now mark all my tilesets with revision numbers. This will allow to understand which variant is new, which is older. Numbering for Façade starts with 2, to match Basis numbering.
Update #2: attribution no longer lists NES CC0 Graphics #2 (CC0) by Gwes because I believe this version doesn’t have tiles from it. Previous versions used roof tiles from this set.

both looks great

Thanks!

Actually, I’m not happy with some things, so I’ll make changes to it in the future. But I thought I might release what I currently have.

Here’s a comparison on a map (I’ve done it quickly for rpgmaker.su mapping contest) with my tileset vs original tilesets.

My tileset (please note trolls, doors and chest are not replaced yet) vs RM 2000 tileset, RM 2003 tileset.

As you can see, the dark walls don’t really look well. They are ultimately based on the tiles by Ogrebane, but they don’t blend well with the rest of the tileset, so I’ll probably redraw them in subsequent revisions. (Probably using the CC-BY Castle tiles from Bart as the base. Or probably not. Not sure.) Also, dirt and grass colour will be changed to match the original better.

Also, my ‘grass+stones’ tile doesn’t blend with normal grass (it has way more stones), and my black water looks extremely ugly where RM2k[3]'s water looks OK (so I’ll probably end up switching to Mariano’s water). I’m also not happy with the bones.