Hi, I’m Mr.Faq. I decided to register an user on this forum because I like this project. I’ve been using it since some months ago and I’m pretty astounded of what has been done. I would like to help you on this project, but I don’t have too much knowledge about software designing or programming. However, I can play the Wii port (can record) and the Android port on their respective platforms besides the PC .exe, so it may have some kind of utility for you. I also have two or more bugs to report, so I’ll post them later. Anyway, I hope for this project to be the best of its class. See you on the forums
Welcome Mr. Faq. thank you for your support.
We are interested about your Wii hardware. Did you test the 0.2.2 release with your Wii device? We don’t know if this version is really working there, as it is not tested. Could you help us confirm the Wii port is working?
[quote=“fdelapena”]Welcome Mr. Faq. thank you for your support.
We are interested about your Wii hardware. Did you test the 0.2.2 release with your Wii device? We don’t know if this version is really working there, as it is not tested. Could you help us confirm the Wii port is working?[/quote]
Yes, I did. Does it work? Yes. The program runs at an average fps rate, around 40 fps (when it loads the sceneries and other stuff the fps rate gets really down but it returns soon to 40). I coudn’t get midi to work yet, I may show you how did I put the folders later. I tested it with five different games: Ib v1.07, Yume Nikki, Mikoto Nikki, The Gray Garden and Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea. Tell me if you want details of a particular game. Greetings
Thanks for the report Mr.Faq. The slowdown is due to screen tone changes, they are not hardware accelerated, same applies to window transitions.
For MIDI support, take a look to these posts:
I took a look to those posts before. I came up with an idea of what to do, but midi still doesn’t play.
Here are some screenshots of my SD folders (you may need them):
This is the root of my SD card:
Inside the apps folder are the 5 RPG2k/2k3 games (I don’t exactly remember which ones work with RPG2k and which ones do with RPG2k3) I’ve mentioned before, everyone with the corresponding bool.dol, icon.png and meta.xml (this last one is modified to make it easier for me to identify each one in the HBC):
Inside the data folder are the rtp and timidity folders:
Inside the rtp folder are the RTP themselves, all according to EasyRPG’s needs:
Now, this is inside the timidity folder, which I think it’s the problem:
Inside the freepats folder are these folders and files:
Inside the Drum_000 and Tone_000 folders there are a lot of .pat files and some .txt files.
Inside the instruments folder there are 192 .pat files, each one corresponding to a midi instrument if I’m not wrong (I know nothing about this…)
That’s all inside the timidity folder.
Then the etc folder in the SD root also has a timidity folder, which has the same content as the timidity folder in /data.
That’s all. However, with that folder structure when the player has to play a midi song, it doesn’t report anything in yellow but the midi song doesn’t play
Thanks for the detailed folder report. Try with this alternate timidity package instead:
libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/ti … ity.tar.gz
The folder structure is a bit different, it has a timidity.cfg with an instruments folder. Just replace the existing timidity folder with this one.
Nope, it didn’t work. I made a backup of the previous folder just in case and replaced the original with the uncompressed folder you gave me. No results