How do I make a game?

I am currently on a windows computer in a web browser (I want to make a game for itch.io)
so I am just wondering, how do I make a game?

Hello! To create a game, you need a game editor.

Unfortunately, EasyRPG Editor is not yet finished, so you can’t use EasyRPG’s native editor.

However, you can use other editors to create games that can be played with EasyRPG. There are three options:

R48 is free, but it’s main focus is modding existing games. It can be used to create new games (I’ve created a game in it), but sometimes its interface can be too technical. If you have problems with R48, feel free to ask here on this forum, I’ll do my best to answer.

RPG Maker 2000 and 2003, on the other hand, have more information about them, so it’s easier to find tutorials and things like that. RPG Maker has active communities of people using it (e.g. rpgmaker.net), so it’s easier to find help. However, it comes with a price tag. The full price is too high. At least once a season there is a sale when RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 is available for 85% or 90% off the original price. The winter sale has just ended, so if you want to buy RPG Maker 2000/2003 for a fair price, you should wait for the spring sale.

In the future, EasyRPG Editor will combine the best features of RPG Maker and R48. Unfortunately, it’s not there yet. Currently the EasyRPG Editor is not yet finished, so please try R48 or RPG Maker 2000/2003 instead.

I strongly suggest to try R48 at first. It’s free, so you have little to lose (except your time)! :smiley: The blog post should be enough to get you started, and if you have questions about R48, feel free to ask them here.

1 Like