Is an AROS port possible?

Hay I’m new to the forums here and I am not experienced with porting software, but I’ll continue anyway. The AROS Research Operating System is an open source OS intended to be binary compatible with AmigaOS 3.1 ported to several different types of computer architectures. My question is: could the Easy RPG Player be ported to AROS? And as a second question does anyone know of an active port (attempt)?

Welcome mugenfighter, I guess you mean to build a m68k AmigaOS compatible version able to be run into any AROS architecture. Well, EasyRPG Player uses SDL2, which is not officially supported on AmigaOS. There is however support in 1.2, but it is deprecated. I guess there are SDL2 ports for AmigaOS around, or trying to build Player with SDL 1.2 instead (there are some more bugs, like well known audio mixing issues). I don’t know and didn’t find any port so far. The best bet should ask about this on dedicated Amiga communities and ask somebody for a port. They should know about gcc toolchains, about parameters to tune for the m68k processor architecture. You could even start from here if you want to build everything without cross building, but I guess building will be slow as hell: github.com/svanderburg/nix-amigaosenv
Also, check out some wikis and source codes, such prboom or scummvm for more reference about porting and specific code if needed.
This AROS porting guide looks interesting, too: en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/Devel … g_software

Hi, porting should be possible. We don’t use anything fancy that makes porting difficult. We are already have it running on non-linux/windows systems (I don’t know how POSIX-compatible AROS is in that case porting is a very simple task) that are more special like the Wii (we also had PSP before but that is broken).
So porting is probably quite straigtforward. But I don’t know of anybody who works on this.
We are of course open for port contributions and will publish them on our website.

[quote=“Ghabry”]Hi, porting should be possible. We don’t use anything fancy that makes porting difficult. We are already have it running on non-linux/windows systems (I don’t know how POSIX-compatible AROS is in that case porting is a very simple task) that are more special like the Wii (we also had PSP before but that is broken).
So porting is probably quite straigtforward. But I don’t know of anybody who works on this.
We are of course open for port contributions and will publish them on our website.[/quote]
In the cause I’ll try to port it using AROS’s official porting guide. Just thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Thanks for the info.

Well looks like I can’t do it with my low experience on Linux [the recommend os for porting software] and it probably doesn’t help that I am still learning how to use AROS as a user.