Raspberry Pi 4 Howto

After all the trouble I went through trying to figure out why EasyRPG kept crashing on me due to Debug: Event 0 exceeded execution limit) I finally figured it out and decided to post a decent guide for others. if i missed a few things sorry i’m still learning linux myself.

RPG Maker RTP files should go in the /RetroPie/roms/ports/easyrpgplayer/data folders RTP2000 / RTP2003.

I run 2 machines a Windows setup and a PI4 using Pixel Desktop so i just extracted them on the windows machine and transferred the RTP files using windows explorer with \RetroPie

Next go to Debian Backports and download the ARMHF version of libfmt Debian -- Details of package libfmt-dev in buster-backports

install it with

sudo dpkg -i libfmt-dev_6.1.2+ds-2_bpo10+1_armhf.deb

Next download libclf from GIThub by clicking the green code button https://github.com/EasyRPG/liblcf

install it with:

tar xf liblcf-0.6.2.tar.xz # unpack the tarball
cd liblcf-0.6.2 # enter in the package directory
cmake . -DPLAYER_TARGET_PLATFORM=libretro # configure project
cmake --build . # compile the library
sudo cmake --build . --target install # install system-wide

Finally we can install EasyRPG 0.6.2.1 stable. download it from https://github.com/EasyRPG/Player

the cmake method did not work for me so i had to install it using the automake method.

tar xf easyrpg-player-0.6.2.tar.xz # unpack the tarball
cd easyrpg-player-0.6.2 # enter in the package directory
autoreconf -i # generate configure script
./configure # find libraries, set options
make # compile the executable

When the install is complete copy your RPGmaker game into the EasyRPG folder and run easyrpg-player.exe

RPG maker MV files will also run on the PI 4 if you use the Firefox browser. In the browser address bar enter the following command: about:config

Do not change anything on this screen,

In the search field type:

security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

Double click this item, it will change from “true” to “false”.

Close the browser reopen it and open the games index.html file from the www folder.

the game should play perfectly with a little bit of lag between screens but its barely an issue…

1 Like