[Request] Display Map number as debug info

Hello. I’d like to ask if it’s possible to add a toggle option to display the current map number as debug info (in test-play). I translate games using RPGMakerTrans, and this would make it much easier to find lines in the corresponding map.
If there are no plans to implement it, I was wondering if I could be pointed out what part of the code I should look to see if I can implement it myself.

Thank you very much for reading.

Hello.
EasyRPG Player writes a logfile “easyrpg_log.txt” (appears in the game directory). It contains the information you search :).

Alternatively, but this does not work on Windows: Start the Player from the terminal, the output appears directly on screen.

Hello, thank you for replying so fast.

EasyRPG Player writes a logfile “easyrpg_log.txt” (appears in the game directory). It contains the information you search :).

I see. It’s still cumbersome to use, but it’s better than opening the game with the editor and manually looking for the map filename there. I’m mostly used to C and recently started to dabble on C++, so I figured that it would be a nice try and see if I could implement this myself.

Alternatively, but this does not work on Windows: Start the Player from the terminal, the output appears directly on screen.

I’ll have this in mind for when I boot with manjaro.

Thanks for the answer.

I think we had an internal discussion about debug features before and the general idea is to implement some HUD with this and a lot of other information.

Until this is happening, it should be possible with our build instructions to make a dedicated translator build. To have always open console, you just need to remove the WIN32 property here:

Alternatively, you can use any Pull Request build, which are built in debug mode (which may be slow) and show it by default.

1 Like