Some useful information [Spoiler warning]

Hello there, well, here are some reports I’'d like to make:
-Gameplay-related issues:
Well, first of all, after testing v0.3.1 and 0.3.2, gotta say that there are a lot of issues I was going to post that were solved, like a massive bug I found in Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea:

And the massive bug Ib had near most of the endings:

In both cases the character can’t move and the game can’t continue (Although in WATGBS you can pause the game and leave, the problem doesn’t get solved). Tell me if you want details of these two issues.
Anyway, the point is that now I only have two issues to report: in Charon games the player still can’t find some pictures, so there are a lot of scenes that lose sense:

Plus, when testing 0.3.2 found out that everytime that a problem appears, the player crashes, so now these games are unplayable at all (v0.3.1 and 0.3 only showed the yellow message saying that the image wasn’t found, plus, v0.3.1 sometimes crashes brutally the PC after some scenes). Now, something important to mention related to this is that this issue did actually not happen in v0.2.2. The games showed normally and worked almost perfectly fine (despite music issues, of course):

The other issue happens in The Gray Garden. In the map of the Cave the character can walk over walls and pass through them, being able to walk along all the screen:

I’m pretty sure there are some more issues related to gameplay, but I saw that you were already informed of them, so that’s all for this part.
-Music-related issues:
The first time I came here I posted saying that I couldn’t get midi to work on Wii port. Well, up to today, that problem is still there, plus, seems that 0.3 recognized even less music mp3 files than v0.2.2. Although I know that solving this problem completely is impossible due to some of the console’s properties if I’m not wrong, I noticed that when testing. I also know that music issues are the last thing the player should be corrected in, but it’s something that bothers sometimes, you know. Anyway, gotta say that if most of the issues related to music were fixed in v0.3.2 besides the ones you mentioned in the blog like OFF’s battle music, I haven’t seen them because I’m testing it right now. I also hope for the player to be able to transpose songs and loop .mid files that have a controller event 111 assigned someday. That’s it for music.

Well, I could continue posting more stuff, but I think it’s enough for now, just two more things to say:
If 3DS version comes to reality, I’ll be able to test it. And if you want me to record something, tell me. No more stuff to say, I’m open to questions or suggestions (I’d like to know if you can put images in spoilers so they don’t disturb the reading that much)

Hello, thanks for the detailed bug report.

If I get this correct the first two bugs are resolved already? In that case we don’t need more information and are just happy :wink:

Concerning the other two issues: Can you provide us download links to the games you used and savegames shortly before the reported issues?
0.3.2 has another crash bug? Ugh, that’s unfortunate.

Unfortunately the Wii version has very low priority. There isn’t even a maintainer for it, we just keep it alive by recompiling… But in theory Midis should work, must be checked again. But the Audio was always really bad on the Wii and from our side this is not easily fixable because it’s an issue of the library we use (which is also not maintained anymore ^^)

[quote=“Ghabry”]Hello, thanks for the detailed bug report.

If I get this correct the first two bugs are resolved already? In that case we don’t need more information and are just happy ;)[/quote]
Yep, that’s correct, just wanted to mention them

[quote=“Ghabry”]Concerning the other two issues: Can you provide us download links to the games you used and savegames shortly before the reported issues?
0.3.2 has another crash bug? Ugh, that’s unfortunate.[/quote]
Yanderella: d-indiegames.blogspot.com.ar/201 … rella.html
The Gray Garden: vgperson.com/games/graygarden.htm
Link for TGG Save right before entering the Cave
The file has a password, which is the word that you put at the end of an account registration on the forum (you know, the last thing that goes to check that the person who is registering is a person indeed, just tried to think in a creative password :P)
In Yanderella you can’t save up to the point where I took the screenshots, plus, as I said, in v0.3.2 the player crashes some seconds after pressing Start, so I can’t provide a savefile for this. Something I haven’t mentioned: checking the log file it says that the issue that causes the crash is the same (Image not found: Chipset), only with the difference that this version crashes and the previous ones continue with missing backgrounds.
Here are some other games of the same author that have the same issue as Yanderella:
Mix Ore
Makoto Mobius
The Dark Side of the Red Riding Hood
Mikoto Nikki

I see… well, it doesn’t matter that much, if you happen to find someone to continue with the work, tell me (I know anything related to software programming so sadly I can’t help you with that)