Suggestion (Android port related)

Hello again. Well, there’s always been something that was kinda bothering everytime I decided to test a game with easyrpg on my phone, and it’s the fact that everything goes in the internal space. It’s bothering because I always had phones which had a pretty little amount of space in the internal memory, which often prevents me to put certain games in the phone (always talking about rm2k/rm2k3 games, of course). So then, the suggestion is: Would it be possible for the easyrpg player android port to be able to put all the stuff (games, rtps, etc.) in an external micro sd somewhen in the future? It would be great if it were possible. Of course, if it weren’t possible to do such a thing, there’s no problem, but I think it would be great for people like me that has this low-internal space problem bothering all the time.
Well, that’s it. I’ll wait for your answer

P.S: Tell me if this suggestion was already made, I didn’t check that well when trying to find a thread with this suggestion already made to make sure it was worth to write this.

Well I have the same problem at my Android device. My storage is full. So there will be probably a solution when I get frustrated ;).
But, there is one problem with the µSD card on many Android devices: The SD card is not writable by normal applications. Only system apps (from Google) and the computer can write on it.
This means that, besides using the external storage, we need a different place to store savegames. There were some changes to the Player code a few days ago which make moving the save game directory to a different folder easier but this needs changes to the Android game browser first.
Another todo is modifying the user interface to add additional folders (or to auto-discover by scanning the file system for games).
But it will come someday :slight_smile:

I see…

[quote=“Ghabry”]This means that, besides using the external storage, we need a different place to store savegames. There were some changes to the Player code a few days ago which make moving the save game directory to a different folder easier but this needs changes to the Android game browser first.
Another todo is modifying the user interface to add additional folders (or to auto-discover by scanning the file system for games).
But it will come someday :)[/quote]
I’m glad to hear that. Thanks :slight_smile: Keep up with the good work!

The directory chooser was added a few weeks ago. The latest version also supports read-only storage (redirects the Savegame and the config to the internal SD card, this costs a few kilobyte of internal storage per game)

Awesome! Thank you very much!
Btw, happy year!