The Easyrpg official game story

Now That I had free time, I make a short story so the Easyrpg team could look at it and comment it.

Here it’s the summary:[color=#004040]
There was a magical world, fulled with a colorfull and beatifull world, protected by a magic forest that creates all the color of the nature and the beauty of the world.
Unfortunately there was a war between two empires and the forest got destroyed, the world was becoming dead without color, the plants are dying and the animals are becoming monsters.
The Guardian of the forest that guards the color of the world became sick and it’s at the edge of the dead, so the only way to heal her and save the world from becoming dull and grey, it’s to infuse her with each color (of the rainbow) flower of the sacred forest.
The daughter of the guardian, tries to help her mother by beginning a journey to save her, recollecting the last remaining of the flowers that an old tale tell about others forgotten forest.
After that, she must fight against both empires because they realize they could use the flowers as weapons, denegating the colors to weak the other empire.
The girl meets others people in her journey, people who wish to save the colors of the world.
The Girl’s group it’s too weak to confront the empire, she loses the flowers and his mother dies.
When She dies, the world gets a cataclism, and Changes completely.
The Little girl it’s devastaded and just want to die, Her group and now friends, tries to encourage her, but failed.
However, some years latter, a letter from her mother gave her encourage because The guardian told her how to use those flowers to become a new guardian and restaure the world.
She then starts to seek her forgotten friends and fight agains the empire that now rules the world, getting the flowers and restauring the peace.[/color]

It’s a simple fantasy story, and has potential, I liked to make it as Final Fantasy VI in terms of art direction and music.

[color=#FF0000]The Plot:[/color]
First The intro about their world, the beauty, the war between the empires.
Second The begining town, where we found the heroine and start the journey.
THE JOURNEY She starts to seek the seven flowers (colors of the rainbow), Each flower needs a path of linear story switches as in Classic FF games.
In each flower journey, there are characters into towns, who we can pick up, there are some optionals and some necesary to the story (these characters must be developed).
When we found each flower, there are bosses of the two empires who wait us.
THE CONFRONTATION We get all the flowers, but in a last confrontation, the two empires join forces and steal the flowers with their best characters.
We must go to the flying “mother” ship and we try to rescue the flowers, but we failed.
The world colides and ends.
CRISIS The guardian dies, the world became muddle.
PROBLEM We command the other character and we try to encourage the heroine, but we failed.
FAKE GAME OVER severals years laters.
New Hope The heroine found a letter from her mother and then decides to seek her forgotten friends.
JOURNEY TWO Each character it’s a journey on his own where his background story it’s more developed.
THE FINAL CONFRONTATION When the group it’s ready, we goes to the New Empire tower and fight the two emperors for the Flowers.
CONCLUSION The empire it’s defeated and the harmony it’s restaured, the heroine became the new guardian.

A final note:
Each great story it’s based on Characters, not the action. Well rounded characters, memorable, with real feelings and thinking, are more important than all the fights and magics in a RPG.
I have stopped play RPG and I not play RPG maker games, because they seem to forgot this what I called “rulled” and just focus on “cool”, eye-catchy but trivial things.

Sounds as a good base, nice work there, I like it.

Just as a sidenote: there is an option for changing the tone, including grayscale effetcs, of pictures in RM2K and it will be in EasyRPG, however it’s really time consuming, so I hope that the gray world doesn’t rely much on this feature.

sound great. Just a remind. ERPG official game will be done with EasyRTP, so think in character of the same apariences of the “originals”

[quote=“vgvgf”]Sounds as a good base, nice work there, I like it.

Just as a sidenote: there is an option for changing the tone, including grayscale effetcs, of pictures in RM2K and it will be in EasyRPG, however it’s really time consuming, so I hope that the gray world doesn’t rely much on this feature.[/quote]

There’s no need on that, It can be another tileset with the Hue changed on photoshop

Hey, I love the summary and plot proposal. Feel free to update wiki info about “sample game”.

You can change indexed palette values from 8 bit surfaces easily and keep it changed without excessive CPU waste I think.

fdelapena, only if using 8bpp graphics, but I would want to use 32bpp graphics too in easyrpg, that are nicer. And, opengl doesn’t support 8bpp widely :confused: And still, changing palettes isn’t that fast, specially if you have many sprites with different palettes on the screen.

I like it. However, I think it is a little bit early for proposing stories, isn’t it?

I think we can make it in rpg maker 2000 and after that import it in easyrpg, at least that’s what I understand.

I agree with filosofiamanga. Make a full game takes a while. Any moment is good to play with RPG maker 2000 and its RTP.

Wiki info: easy-rpg.org/wiki/development/sample-game

Ok. I didn’t see that. Then +1 to this story. :smiley:

The people want character names and professions (?) i think we should use the names of EasyRTP and make them similar to rm2k RTP (Alex, etc)

BTW, i like Alexandra XD some time before there was a disscusion proposing to make RTP’s principal hero a girl.

Continuing the development of the story, we need severals characters.

I propose this scheme:
PRINCIPAL - The heroine
THE HEROINE FAMILY Her family, principally her Mother, however others member should be developed as well, as the Grandma and a younger sister, her sister could send the heroine messages about how the things goes with her mother (a messenger), maybe a father?

Now, we must think her interesting party
NECESARY CHARACTERS There should be a first consideration, if we make one character per flower (7) or make four at all (three character per couples of flowers and a principal secondary character), these characters should make the famous and classical party.

SECONDARY CHARACTERS There are no necesary numbers, these are optional, these characters are not playable, and should be used to describe things about the story of the world or helping to develop some necesary character’s background. These characters works as optional sidequest.

And now we must think her enemies
FINAL ENEMIES We need two kings (one for each empire), Maybe they could be brothers with a thirst of power? (after the dead of his father they start to fight on each other?)
ENEMY COURT We need some strong councillers and generals of the two empires, not a big number, these characters only confront us in the part of THE CONFRONTATION.
ENEMY BOSSES These are the minions, we need at the end, one per each flower.

At the end, we need only a strong story for the heroine

PRINCIPAL The Heroine. Alexandra sounds good and makes the reference :D. For the personality I suppose that she needs OBVIOUSLY a strong will, being softhearted (flowers and colors, and maybe sugar? xD but not X fluid).
Alexandra name is feminine form of Alexander (obviously again), which derives from Alexo (defending) and Aner (genitive Andros, which means man). Also, as another possibility it could be Kassandra (“shiny upon man”), since we are using woman instead of man, so it could make reference to that change :slight_smile: (for the meanings I used behindthename.com). Also, Kassandra was a Trojan princess, and the Guardian profession seems to reflect more the ruler than simply a guardian (methaforically of course), from the hereditary thing to the way it seems to be a very important thing for the world itself (we call the world the space we know right, and the government is supposed to be the pillar of our organization, like the Guardian is the one that veils for the colour world).

Also for the father I agree with you, as messenger. That solves the “dead parent” cliché :D. Also the sister and Grandma, which can be the past and next Guardian generations (well, the “next” varies if our heroine can survive haha).

For the necessary characters set, it’s better to no leave a character by flower. I mean, it would make it repetitive… Also, depending on the needed variety on party composing/selection/blablah, it would need more or less. Are we going to mark on them an specific class or stuff like that? If not, is not neccesary more than the party max lenght set, just to make things complex (in terms of gameplay).

And the last ones, well, that’s just as needed, I can’t leave suggestions for that :P. Maybe later, when “making” characters. Just one thing for the enemy court. It’s supposed that even numbers are meant to be related to evil.

For the bosses, in contrast to the “nature” feeling of the flowers, we can use things like machines, mutated beasts, cyborgs… everything that is tech-like :3.

Well, hope that it can help :3, I like to contribute with anything I can,
Orochii Zouveleki

[quote]THE HEROINE FAMILY Her family, principally her Mother, however others member should be developed as well, as the Grandma and a younger sister, her sister could send the heroine messages about how the things goes with her mother (a messenger), maybe a father?

Now, we must think her interesting party[/quote]
I think if the main character is a woman, the important characters of the family should not necessarily be female.
There should be a balance. Example: “Guardian of the seven Flowers” profession is passed between the women of the family (mother, heroin, Grandma) and the profession of “messengers of the seven flowers” is passed between the males of the family (father and brother)
Rather than a sister, a brother.

If we are using 7 flowers, it would be interesting to find out the meaning of flowers (varies by culture). That way you can use 7 flowers that represent something good and an enemy opposite to that meaning (eg the seven deadly sins)
See for example:
http://www.andesflorgifs.com/6.2flores_significados.php

[quote]
Azahar: Symbol of purity and antiquity.[/quote]

I would add a redeemed traitor to the list of characters. Or a avenger with a dark past