Trouble Running LCD Dem

Hello! I have downloaded countless different software to try and run some RPG games and the only thing that has worked for me is Wine. The problem is, wine won’t run LCD Dem. I installed EasyRPG in hopes that it would work better. For some context I am using a mac with High Sierra.
So basically I downloaded the .rar file of LCD Dem and use a converter to extract the contents. The game shows up in the menu but when I click on it I get an error screen, it mentions something about the encoding. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Hi. I tested this game right now (used the english translation) and our automatic encoding detection fails.
This happens unfortunately for some translated games, because they translated part of the filenames, but sometimes is not consistent with the database. So our player sees the english filenames and gets confused later when there are japanese ones.

Solution:
Run our Player with command line argument --encoding 932 for this specific game or add the following to the RPG_RT.ini:

[EasyRPG]
encoding=932

See also https://easyrpg.org/player/manual/#_files.

1 Like