Yume Nikki issues Manjaro

I am playing Yume Nikki on Manjaro Pahvo 21.1.4. Certain effects (severed head, hat and scarf) I am unable to pick up. This is the only issue that I have noticed, as everything else seems to run smoothly. Looking at the debug log in the terminal doesn’t seem to leave me with any information as to what the issue is.

Please let me know what other information I can share to help find a solution to this problem.

Also, this is my first post on the forum, so apologies if I am not providing all required information.

Hello.
This was likely fixed in the development build.
Because you use Manjaro I assume you know how to use AUR?
Install “easyrpg-player-git” and try again.

1 Like

I went to test if the development build fixed my issue, and I have a few pretty simple questions.

First, both the standard release, and the dev build are both executed with the “easyrpg-player” command. I checked the --version but it didn’t clearly tell me what build I was using. Should I uninstall the standard build? Or is there a way to specify that I want to run the dev build?

Secondly, just to clarify, the development build means it is being worked on for a full release correct?

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Both the standard and the dev build conflict so you can only have one installed through AUR.

Unfortunately our “–version” does not handle any git-describe yet, so for the dev build you will get 0.6.2 even though it should be something like 0.6.2~1023 and for the release build 0.6.2.3. Thats because this X.X.X.3 stuff has cherry-picked commits so it uses a different git branch. You will also get a warning when loading 0.6.2.3 saves in 0.6.2-dev but this is harmless.

Yeah the dev build will become a new release soon (0.7), we are just not completely finished yet :slight_smile: