Wii Build: Test reports

It sounds like you guys aren’t aware of this, so I’ll report that the Wii player does not respond to keyboard input.

I just double checked and F11 doesn’t do anything on Wii with that entered into meta.xml. Nor does any keyboard button make any normal game actions happen.[quote=“carstene1ns, post:40, topic:197”]
However, on the PC version you can pass the --test-play command line flag and be able to save anytime with F11 key, which would make this also easier for us, because we have save games near the issues. :wink:
[/quote]
Wow! That sure makes things a lot simpler.

I’ve found three Wii-only Yume Nikki freezes and I was dreading trying to describe how to get to those. They’re in some of the most complicated to get to places in the whole game.

Two of them block the only way to get an item, thus preventing the game from being completed on Wii.

Here’s saves right before each of the freezes (save slots 3 to 5):

I saved on pc but double checked and the freezes do still happen on Wii when loading these saves.

On Wii going to the next room results in a freeze where the music continues playing, but nothing you press does anything. The only way to get out of it is to hold down the power button on the Wii until it shuts off.

In slot 3 just move to the left.

In slots 4 and 5 just go to the right. These are also the freezes that prevent getting two items.

BTW I used a speed glitch to get to these locations (it’s a known Yume Nikki glitch, not a problem with the Easy RPG player). I forgot to turn it off before making the saves but it doesn’t affect game behavior in any way except for increasing your speed, and the game freezes on Wii at these points whether or not the speed glitch is active.

If you want to turn off the speed glitch anyway, just go to the menu and use an item. That sets your speed to normal.

And with that all said I’m happy to say that I have now gotten all the items in the game on Wii except for the two that are blocked by those freezes, seen very many of the special events in the game, and explored probably almost every area in the game except for where the Wii freezes are. I’d say there’s a very good chance that all or almost all bugs in the game have now been found, especially anything game-breaking.

On another note I’m kind of tempted to try playing some Yume Nikki inspired fan games soon. Is there a list anywhere of game that are known to be pretty compatible with Easy RPG? Or do most games work pretty well at this point? I think I’ve heard .flow specifically has major problems, for example.

Hm, we probably disabled the keyboard input for Wii because we thought nobody will ever need it :wink:

Thanks. The Wii probably runs out of memory on the map. We will investigate.

Thanks for this complex testing. We are not getting many reports of completable games in Player :slight_smile:

We have a compat list but it is almost empty because nobody gives us feedback: Game Compatibility List [EasyRPG Wiki]
We have a bug report function in the Android version that gives us an overview about issues, thats how we become aware of most.

Which fan games do you plan to play?
ゆめ2っき (Yume 2kki) seems to have some issues but we are not sure if they are fixed in the meanwhile

That’s actually a problem in the game, we detect the engine (2000 or 2003) by extracting that information out of the database and .flow has a 2003 database but ships with a 2000 RPG_RT.exe. This results in the ingame-menu being completely empty.
You can overwrite the engine over the command line to fix this (better create a new folder so it only applies to .flow):

<arguments>
  <arg>--engine</arg>
  <arg>rpg2k</arg>
</arguments>

Lol, that’s actually kind of funny someone would do that considering buttons can’t be configured on Wii. Literally over a year ago I was going to play through Yume Nikki on Wii, but once I realized there was no button to wake up (which means no way to save, because you have to wake up after finding an item in order to save), no way to configure buttons, and that even plugging in a keyboard and pressing the key to wake up doesn’t work… well, I gave up until Yume Nikki specific buttons were just recently added to the Wii test version.

Besides that, I also just found a 0 fps room during the first night of Fleshchild on Wii. I would have saved there and sent that in if Wii allowed you use F11 (I figure I might as well always play with --test-play considering my knack for finding bugs).

I pretty much do all my Easy RPG playing on Wii though because games look so great on a crt tv, and it’s also much bigger than my pc screen. So it really would help me post saves right where a bug is if you guys could get keyboard working on Wii :wink:

Actually, I play with the classic controller, so what I’d really like to be able to do is assign F11 to a Wiimote button, cause I’m never pressing anything on the Wiimote itself anyway.

Oh! There’s an idea. Maybe setting --test-play on Wii could automatically assign a specific button to F11 on the Wiimote. It wouldn’t affect anyone not using --test-play, nor interfere with playing with the classic controller. But it would allow F11 saves on Wii without a keyboard. To be honest I do like that idea better than having to plug in a keyboard to do F11 saves.

That’s too bad. I guess it is always hard to get people to contribute unless there’s a much larger community than there is here.

I’m glad to help. I’ll admit it does get annoying having to go to pc and retrace my steps because Wii can’t press F11 to do save-anywhere right now, so hopefully that can get added soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh that’s where it is. I tried to find if there was a compatibility list before asking that and couldn’t find it or even a link to it on the forum. Nor did I see a link to it on the Easy RPG home page. I didn’t think to check for it on the wiki. I kind of think a lot of people wouldn’t either.

I’d strongly suggest putting a link to the list on the homepage, as well as an easily visible link on the forum. And also mentioning that you’re specifically in need of this kind of information.

I guess it is kind of obvious that kind of info would be needed, but if you say it directly in easily visible places you might get lucky and have more people giving information like that. :slight_smile:

I also have to confess that the list is a bit underwhelming. But I’m not talking about the amount of games listed.

There’s several reasons I’m saying that. For example, there’s things like “.flow Playable, needs to specify game engine manually” but the compatibility page doesn’t tell you how to do that. Or for another example there’s “Calm Falls Completable, needs to rename mp3 files” but there’s no description of what to name them to or any link to instructions. That kind of information would be really valuable to have right there or at least linked to from the compatibility page.

Or kind of the opposite problem, “Yume Nikki Playable, graphical glitches”. While there are still two specific spots where there’s a graphic glitch (one of them being very minor), that disclaimer is very misleading because it makes the problem sound like a hugely bigger issue than it really is. So I suggest having some kind of color-coded system for the compatibility rating, like for example this page for Wiisx has (scroll down a little to see it). That would give a bit more context to the descriptions make the severity of problems more obvious.

To be honest having stuff separated into fields like on that page would be much nicer too. Things like compatibility rating, problems/instructions, game version tested (for unfinished games like Yume 2kki), maybe system-specific compatibility problems (for example the Yume Nikki Wii exclusive freezes). Or (considering rpgmaker games are scattered all over the internet) maybe even a “links” field where people could put in a game info and/or download link if they want.

I’m not suggesting that you guys go and look up that information yourselves. But having a field there where people could enter that stuff could maybe someday lead to a compact and convenient way to see what games are compatible, and links to find out more about them and where to get them, all in one spot. That would really be awesome.

I’ve added information to things like the Wiisx compatibility page before so at the least I’d most likely be willing to enter that kind of info for games I end up playing :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm. I just thought of something else. Maybe there could be a field for known issues pages like this one for Yume Nikki, so people can easily see more in depth information if they want to.

I hope I didn’t get carried away with that idea…

Well the only other suggestion I have would be to have the information on how to do the F11 saving stickied on the forum where people would report bugs. If I’d known about that sooner it definitely would have saved a lot of time and right now it’s very unlikely for someone to find that out without specifically being told.

I was leaning more towards games that probably won’t be updated anymore or for a long while, so Yume 2kki (which I think updates kind of often if I’ve heard right) is something I probably wasn’t going to play soon. But if there’s stuff you aren’t sure is fixed I might put a higher priority on it.

Hmm. I noticed that some things on the command line page like for example “encoding” can be used in the RTP_RT.ini. But Engine=rpg2k does not seem to work there. Can meta.xml be used in each game folder like RTP_RT.ini can, or would .flow actually need a completely separate Easy RPG Wii installation to use the --engine command?

I was testing this on pc and the only way I could get .flow to show anything but Quit on the menu was to run Easy RPG through a shortcut with --engine rpg2k. Which would affect all games of course, even though flow is in it’s own folder. Because of that I don’t see a way .flow could be used on Wii without having a separate Easy RPG installation just for that game, because the only way to use that command is to affect all games. Am I missing something?

I’m sure this is the wrong place to ask, but one final question. Is there an already installed 2000 RTP available for download anywhere? I already have 2003 RTP from Steam (which I could upload if you want) but I don’t have 2000 there. I’m on Windows 10 and it would be much simpler to put an already installed 2000 RTP into /data/rtp/2000 than it would be to figure out how to install it by using something called applocale which is apparently outdated and needs to use a special command line and other stuff.

I’m sure other people would appreciate being able to just extract and use pre-installed RTPs too. :slight_smile:

Technically this is an oversight because we use a different input-mapping sourcefile (not the default one from desktop) and this one only provides button mapping for Wiimote.

The newest version (continious build) provides a way to enter the Debug menu

Enable TestPlay mode from command line (as you already do) and in the ingame menu you see a new option “Debug”.
When the menu is disabled (Ib e.g.) you can force call it with “Hold SHIFT and while holding press B 5 times”. SHIFT = Wiimote A, B = Wiimote 2

Yeah I agree on your points. How we do it is not the best way and could be placed in a more prominent location.
Have to check if dokuwiki allows such table coloring, not sure. But such a fancy table as on that linked page is not possible.

Only Encoding works there because that option was added years ago. The command line is a newer thing. But supporting this stuff through INI is planned for the 0.5 release which comes in a few weeks.

We can’t provide a nice zip download for this due to license issues.
I recommend you to use the RTP from Don Miguel for 2000 and RPG Advocat for 2003 if you usually play European games only.

Most published games actually use the pirated version (illegal translation), so you will have more success with the inofficial RTP translations then with the legal ones :frowning:

@Mr.Faq2014
The 3DS build got fixed and works with WAV, OGG and MP3 again.

Thank you for adding that :slight_smile: Now I can just save right away if I see something wrong while playing. Well, except for code dumps. :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of which, would it help if I take a picture of any code dumps I get? I got a code dump one time trying to save while playing Someday (this was before I was using the Debug menu version, so it’s not related to that). I didn’t think to take a picture of the code dump unfortunately. It was also completely random (I haven’t seen any other problems in the game so far, nor had it happen again)

Anyway, here’s the bugsaves for Fleshchild. The latest version of the game is available here. Make sure you get the patch 7 update as well.

(Btw, neither .lsd saves or .zip files are uploadable here. I dunno if you were aware of that.)

Slot 3 leads to the 0 fps room on Wii if you go up.

Slot 2 is more complicated because the problems are random. There’s some switches in the area spread across several rooms. When hitting switches and moving between rooms, trying to solve the puzzle of what to do in the area, I kept occasionally randomly getting either a freeze or code dump when going through doors. (I didn’t think to take a picture of those code dumps either).

There’s no reliable way to trigger it. But if you keep flipping those switches and then going through doors a crash or a code dump should happen sooner or later.

I did notice that crashes and dumps were more common if, after you go through a door, the music fails to play. Either there’s a message about a sound file failing to play, or there’s a constant high pitched whine instead of music. When that happens, often going through another will lead to a crash or freeze.

I haven’t played Fleshchild on pc so this may all be Wii specific.

On another note, the game The Looking Glass freezes on Wii when starting a new game. On PC it’s fine but no matter whether you choose to skip the introduction or not it freezes on Wii.

It’s actually hold B and press 1 multiple times on Wiimote (or on classic controller hold X and press B). I didn’t have any trouble figuring that out but I wanted to mention it in case the wrong buttons would get listed when the change goes to the regular release.

That’s also a clever idea, having a button combo to force the menu like that :slight_smile: And it can be done during cutscenes too. I didn’t even know that was possible.

Ah, I see. I’m guessing that’s also why I’m getting RTP missing messages when playing 2003 games with the 2003 Steam RTP installed to data\RTP\2003. That happens on both pc and Wii.

I decided to just use the unofficial ones after all. But that leads to another problem. Applocale doesn’t appear to be available for download anymore :grimacing:

The download link on the wiki, the download link on the install guide that the wiki links to (which is a different download link), even the wikipedia page’s download link (which is a different link yet again) are all dead links.

Searching Microsoft for Applocale doesn’t bring up anything useful either.

Btw, I’ve been meaning to ask if you want links to Yume Nikki fangames for that preservation project?

There’s a Yume Nikki fangame wiki that tries to list everything and even has separate categories for engine used, including 2000 and 2003. Unfortunately their download links aren’t always up to date though.

There’s also some hard to find things. Like for example games that were started in 2000 or 2003 engine and then later remade in VX. The original engine version isn’t always so easy to find, even if it was pretty far along. One example is Me v0.10 (the last version for 2003) which was mentioned on the fangame wiki but the only link to it was hidden away in the middle of a long thread on one site which had a ton of different links strewn throughout.

I tracked it down for my own use but as it was difficult to find I figured I’d mention it case you wanted it. If you’re looking for things like that I’ll post any more I find to the conservation thread.

Thanks for the extensive bug report again :slight_smile:

Code dumps will not help us much because we don’t generate debug symbols for the wii build. There is only one corner case: When you use the latest continious build and provide a screenshot before it is recompiled by a newer one we can recover the symbols :smiley:
But because it only happens on the Wii it’s unlike to be a EasyRPG bug. Maybe the Wii runs out of memory.

No we weren’t. This fixed now. Though no idea how many attachments are allowed per post.

Use Locale Emulator instead. Or Don and RPG Advocate, they have ASCII filenames.

Woah that Yume Nikki wiki has tons of fangames. Yeah a collection of downlaod links for fangames that use 2k/2k3 would be nice. That preservation project is not really progressing but I have lots of games downloaded already. You can post links to games in that preservation project topic. Basicly applies to all games that are not easily to find. :slight_smile: Thx for your help.

Edit
.flow is now playable without engine override (better heuristic). Same applies to Yume Nikki (encoding autodetection improved)

I don’t know what happened but in build 543 every single game plays loud static instead of music on the title screen, and then codedumps after a few seconds. Including games that were definitely working well before like Yume Nikki.

I tried downloading the most recent build again to double check (seems like 543 is still the latest build) but even after a redownload that’s still happening.

Btw about codedumps. I know there are some wii homebrew that when a codedump happens they show a short countdown timer and then automatically reload after a few seconds. WiiMC is one of them, for example. Considering that you said codedumps aren’t very useful to you anyway, could something like that maybe be added to EasyRPG Wii?

I’m asking because having to physically power off the Wii whenever a codedump happens probably isn’t too healthy for the Wii in the long run, nor any hard drives connected to it.

This is a bug in our new WAV code which is already being fixed, we forgot to test it on the Wii :confused:

I have no idea how to add a countdown timer, so we can’t do this.

We also have still no idea why Yume Nikki e.g. hangs at certain locations. Looks like the audio thread continues but not the gameplay but we don’t know why this happens.

EDIT:
Player build #545 fixed the crashes for WAV playback. And as carstene1ns said debug info is now on so you can send photos :smiley:

Will add the reload on exception timer then. Btw., you can also reload the Wii without standing up and pressing reset, just press Z button on a GC pad connected at Port 1 and it will also reset the console (or even A button for a hard reset)… :smiley:

Apropos coredumps: They are useful, if we get the addresses from the stack and also have saved the debug information from the executable. So, if you make a photo of that coredump screen and use one of the last 5 builds or the last release build, we can exactly tell you in which part of our code it crashed.

Wait up, you can reset using a gc controller? Does this mean that gc controller support for actual gameplay is possible? Because that’s something I couldn’t do the last time I tested on Wii and I would love to see (goodbye batteries)

Yes, GC support is possible. He was talking about the crash dump screen which always used the GC controller for restarting. EasyRPG itself does not currently support the GC controller. But adding it would not be very hard at all.

And good news: Build #546 and newer have a slight speed improvment (~5-10%) when weather is rendered.
More interesting performance improvments come in a few days. Stay tuned. :smiley:

I’ll test it tomorrow if I can

@Mr.Faq2014 and @gravity

Have something to test for you on the Wii.

The first link (25) should reduce lag of sound effects and the sound effects should have correct speed now (before they were too fast or slow). Best game for testing is Yume Nikki with that hispeed movement bug.
Only have dolphin for testing, could you confirm that this works for you?
I dont get random crashes in yume nikki anymore :open_mouth: . Though makes no sense that this fixes it

https://ci.easyrpg.org/view/Pull%20Requests/job/player-wii-pr/25/

The 2nd link (24) makes Tone changes faster. Tone changes are these effects that recolor the whole screen. Could you test if the performance for Tone change situations improved? I’m not sure which games use this and where. The first one I can think of is Ib after looking at the ??? picture. Best is you test some situations that were slow before. ^^

https://ci.easyrpg.org/view/Pull%20Requests/job/player-wii-pr/24/

Can’t download pr 23. Testing pr 24 right now

Hu that’s strange. I updated the links. PR25 is the new PR23

All right, managed to test both pre-releases. Right now I don’t have much time so I won’t write the results, but a small summary: it’s been one of the greatest tests I’ve ever made, pitched audio and even normal audio plays normally :smiley: hopefully I’ll be able to write properly in a couple of hours

OH WOW. These are such huge changes that playing on Wii now is almost like a different game :slight_smile:

PR24:
I noticed that tone change fix seemed to be included in 25 as well so I mostly tested with that. There’s a tone change in Fleshchild that happens every time you leave the base area where you start the game in, and the tone changes back when you head back to the starting area. That used to sometimes be incredibly slow.

There’s no slowdown with that at all anymore. There’s a place in .flow where I know a tone change is too. That wasn’t really slow before but now there’s not even a trace of lag anymore. I have to say tone change lag is completely gone :+1:

I can confirm those freezes are gone on actual Wii now too.

But tone changes were causing the freezes? In areas that don’t even have tone changes O_o

Ironically that does fit with Yume Nikki’s surrealness.

With those freezes gone I’ve now been able to get the last two items and get the ending, so Yume Nikki can be completed on Wii. :grinning: Actually, Fleshchild can be played through to its current end too, though it doesn’t have a real ending yet. The author has said it will be a long time before there will be any more updates though.

But with Yume Nikki there is a caveat. There’s some areas with a 8 bit graphical style called the FC/Famicom World (because NES was called Famicom in Japan). The menu is also changed when in the 8 bit areas, to fit the graphical style. That disables debug saving, which isn’t really a big deal. But for some reason the Effects menu is missing graphics in 8 bit and the only way to select an item is by either memorizing item positions or guess and check.

There are also areas in the 8 bit world that require use of a specific item (particularly the lamp) in order to get through them. I don’t think item switching in 8 bit world is needed at any point–at least not to find all the items in the game and get the ending of the game. But it is needed to see at least one special event–the Glitch event on this page.

(I have seen all those events now on Wii except for two, btw–Takofuusen and Uboa–so all other event are confirmed working)

Here’s a save Save09.lsd (33.8 KB) where you can get to 8 bit area by going up. Actually I think you have to go down a little then go up because I was too close to the room transition when I saved.

One other YN bug (seen in PR25, didn’t check 24) a 0 fps room which didn’t use to have 0 fps before :frowning: Save11.lsd (22.6 KB)

Going through the door in front of you will put you in the room with the highest amount of creatures in the entire game. If you enter with the knife equipped (which makes creatures run away) it will take several seconds of black screen before the room shows up, and then it will be 0 fps.

But this is a worse 0 fps than the room with The Thing With The Quivering Jaw that I mentioned some posts ago (btw the creature’s jaw sound works in that room now with this update, though it’s still 0 fps). Because in the quivering jaw room at least you can open the menu or leave the room.

The many creature room lags so bad with the knife equipped that if you’re lucky enough to be able to escape it takes several seconds for each frame of the door opening to advance before you’re finally let out of the room. The first time I went in that room with the knife I couldn’t even get the game to take input so I could leave it. It wasn’t due to a hard freeze though, because holding the power button on the the Wiimote did turn the Wii off.

I’ve also found it impossible in that room to get the menu to come up so you can unequip the knife.

In an earlier test version on Wii (sometime after Yume Nikki buttons were added so you could save) I remember using the knife to stab a bunch of the things and see what’s hidden at the bottom corner of the room. I don’t know when the slowdown showed up because this is the first time I went back in the room since then.

PR25:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

That about says it all. You should consider calling it the Thumbs Up update.

Every Yume Nikki inspired game I’ve seen with noises when you walk (which is all but one game which doesn’t even have sound AFAIK) used to suffer with music distortion and slowdown when you were moving. I’m pretty sure I mentioned that but I can’t remember.

Moving faster would make it worse too. Yume Nikki with the bicycle (2x speed), and Fleshchild even has a dedicated run button. And the ultimate slowdown–using the speed glitch in YN with the bicycle (which give you 8x speed) would turn movement into something of a slideshow, with fps dropping below 10 and often around 0.

ALL of that is gone now. Even using the speed up glitch in YN, with the bicycle, and even with it freaking raining too–still I was seeing 60-61 fps in areas that didn’t have a lower fps to start with. The jerkiness that would happen when moving is now gone. Even with 8x movement speed there’s only slight hitches here and there, and if I hadn’t been watching for it I’m not sure how much I would have noticed.

It’s the same with other games I tried. Music distortion is gone while moving and there’s not much difference in performance between using EasyRPG on PC or Wii anymore.

I see. I don’t always have easy access to a digital camera. Is it possible to make codedumps automatically get saved to a text file? That would make it really easy submit any that happen.

Btw do you know if being able to use a GC controller to reset at codedump is universal, or is that something put specifically into EasyRPG?

@Mr.Faq2014
You can skip most of your writing, @gravity did it for you, except if you want to add something :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you as usual for testing.

Not really, at least this wasn’t on purpose

I have to admit that I made tone change faster was a lie. Technically the tone change is just handled in a smarter way. Before it was a screen effect, this means it was calculated every frame for the whole screen. Now tone change has two modes: Gradient and static.

Gradient is when the tone changes every frame (usually when tone change is currently being executed and does the fade). This still does the screen effect.

Static is when the tone stays constant for at least two frames. In that case it will apply single Tone blits to the screen objects: Sprites, TileMap, Panorama & co. This is slower then screen because when e.g. a sprite overlaps part of the tilemap you waste time with calculating the Tone of the tilemap because it will be overdrawn by the Sprite. But: Sprites & co. support effect caching, when the effect (here: Tone) and the sprite don’t change it will only calculate the Tone once and afterwards it is for free :slight_smile:

So in short: The fade is as slow as before, the rest is faster.

No, this was concerning the sound effects. Maybe the audio code that we used for SE before had a bug and corrupted something. And @carstene1ns updated all libraries we use on the Wii, maybe this was also related to the crashfix, no idea :smiley:

This really sounds like a bug that could be reproduced on the PC, will test. And the debug menu should never dissapear :open_mouth:

Okay this can be also analyzed at the PC with tools. I like it when problems are not too Wii specific :smiley:

Wellll compared to a PC the Wii has a really bad CPU. But we tried our best :D. And since the first release it took 3 years to make the Wii version finally playable.

That’s a universal thing.

Another new feature will be an improved image cache with the goal to reduce disc access. But for this I don’t need testers, the only problem I currently have is that it eats too much memory on the Wii and runs out of memory :frowning:

[quote=“Ghabry, post:60, topic:197, full:true”]
@Mr.Faq2014
You can skip most of your writing, @gravity did it for you, except if you want to add something :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yeah, I can confirm most of the stuff that Gravity said. Indeed, tone changing doesn’t slow down the player and audio plays properly (it will still get distorted if the game slows down though, whether if caused by the bgm/sound effect or other reason, but works, way more better than I expected).
Gotta say that I would have answered eariler, but I’ve been sick these days (I still am, but hopefully it’s easing off) and didn’t turn on a computer since I wrote the previous message.
Anyway, the games I tested were mostly the usual ones I tend to test, and mostly all of them work as intended (still have to export .flow 0.192 to rm2k). However, I have a couple of things to mention:
-The first one’s related to Paranormal Syndrome. If you remember, I said that despite having the flag to let the player know that the game has japanese encoding, there would still be missing textures. Well, this didn’t happen when I tested PS with pr 24. The missing textures (and some sound effects now that I remember) were properly implemented. However, when I moved to pr 25, the textures and sounds were missing again.
-The second one is related to midi music. If the game instructs the player to reproduce a midi with different speed as some rm2k/rm2k3 games do, the player will slow down/speed up the midi properly, but it will also change the pitch as actually vx/vxace do (mixes up everything, which is pretty cool, but it mightn’t be intended for some songs).
Both things are just details, just worth mentioning them. Well, imo this two pre releases were a huge step. Awesome work, keep it up! :smiley:

Thanks to you and the team for such an awesome project :slight_smile:

But we improved the detection heuristic for .flow a while ago and it should detect it automatically as RPG2k, do you still need your custom version?

This makes no sense at all :sweat: I can’t think of a reason why it should influence the file loading :frowning:

This has technical reasons (MIDI library limitation), maybe will change someday, you already had to wait 3.5 years for proper Audio playback on the Wii :wink:
If you want proper pitched music you have to delete the timidity folder, then it uses our built-in MIDI player which supports proper pitching. But it sounds different and is not resource friendly at all (= slow on Wii :frowning: )

Both changes are now in the normal nightly version. We have another change pending that will make image loading more efficient (better caching) but this won’t need a Wii test before, is not a complex change as SE and Tone.